November 30, 2007

50,000 words & more!!!!


Yeah! I did it. I wrote a novel at least 50,000 words in one month. I am doing a virtual dance. Ooo-wee! I finished NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).

Actually, my word count is at least 53,000 words. But the frustrating part is that I didn't actually finish the novel. I got a little obsessed with the word count and my characters and their motivation so I didn't quite realize how to control my plot. I definitely knew where the plot was going. That wasn't the problem. But I still have the concluding chapters to write. Yet, having written 6000 words in one sitting, I realize that I can finish the novel.

Then there's the issue of re-writing and trying to get it published.

Well, tomorrow is another day. For awhile I'm going to savor the success. Oooo-weee!

No comments: