February 23, 2007

Moms Organizing Online



The New York Times article about Moms Organizing Online is intriguing. Last year I began checking out the Moms Rising web site. I was somewhat dubious about exactly what they're trying to organize for and about. Maybe it's a good thing. There certainly are numerous issues about motherhood and parenting that feminists have refused to even acknowledge that they exist.


I used to prefer to identify myself as a feminist in that I thought equal-pay-for-equal-work was right and vital. I supported feminists causes. But I have felt betrayed that many so-called feminists have turned a blind eye to issues related to motherhood.

I still try to support some feminist issues. But I would hope that the dichotomy between mothers and non-mothers would someday end. I am tired of being called a breeder by feminists.

No comments: