April 06, 2009

Back to the Blog


It's already April and I've been away from blogging for a few months. Most of that time I have been writing -- just not on the blog. I am reworking the first novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo and then copyedited my husband's book on the place of Lewis Carroll in children's literature. That project was lots of fun, but extremely time-consuming and hard work. I feel as if I am a minor expert in a few Carroll things, but even that is probably not true as there is so much to learn on Carroll.
Oddly, the last blog I posted was about an ice storm and here we are today, in April, with another snowstorm. Winter does not seem to want to leave, ever. This has been one of the colder winters in central Illinois that I can remember. I'll be fascinated to see what plants to survive. Perhaps a few insects that I don't like will not be as plentiful this year as well -- I hope!
Other than that, we did go down to Nashville and saw that spring is coming. Just rather slowly. Some of the dogwoods are blooming there as well as other flowering trees. Quite beautiful.

No comments: