November 30, 2008

50,000 words and counting!

The last two weeks I've been meaning to post several different thoughts. But my writing time has been devoted to focusing on getting to the 50,000 words of NaNoWriMo. And I did it this year, again! Whew!

There were several great things about this year's experience. The first was that I started a new region. We started with just me and turned into a group of 70 people. We had Write-in every week and I met several interesting people. Just having this group get together seems to be a success.

I had better control of pacing this year. Writing a couple thousand words a day, to make up for days that I didn't write, seemed more doable this year. It was a relief to be able to have a social life, organize the NaNo group, and enjoy Thanksgiving. I'm now motivated to edit some previous work, and keep going on other writing projects.

No comments: