October 09, 2008

NaNoWriMo


Well, I'm new Municipal Liaison for a new municipal forum on NaNoWriMo. I've spent the last two days going to coffeehouses, bookstores, and libraries around town putting up fliers about upcoming events. It's a nice excuse to compare all the coffeehouses around here -- so many more than when I first came to town.

Last year, I did NaNoWriMo without a local region, but did go to many of the events on the Second Life NaNoWriMo group. That really helped motivate me. But this year I'm hoping it will be good to be around other writers who are pounding out so many words. It's hard to comprehend how all those words get written. I would really like to start writing now, but that's not allowed. I am putting together my ideas.

I'm glad the Presidential elections come at the beginning of the month. Otherwise, I might let that consume too much psychic energy. Maybe I will have my characters participate in some kind of political event while I'm watching TV Nov. 4.

No comments: